Aughton Accountancy and Bookkeeping Services, a small business itself, understands how small businesses work and the help they are most likely to need with their day-to-day and longer term bookkeeping, tax and accountancy requirements.
To many small businesses, bookkeeping and accountancy is a hassle and all too often professional help is only sought when systems get in a mess or the taxman is threatening an inspection. Effective bookkeeping makes everyone's life much easier.
You might just need some help to show you how to set systems up so that you can do the inputting yourself or you might be more than happy to let us provide a belt and braces service right through to submission of accounts and tax returns.
Perhaps you need to think about just some of the following points, then give us a call:
- DO YOU KNOW WHAT RECORDS (CORRESPONDENCE, BANK STATEMENTS, RECEIPTS, PURCHASE INVOICES, SALES INVOICES, ETC) YOU NEED TO KEEP?
- DO YOU KNOW HOW TO APPROACH A BANK FOR A LOAN, WHAT INFORMATION THEY'LL NEED AND HOW YOU CAN KEEP THEM ON YOUR SIDE IN YEARS TO COME?
- DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SET UP AND USE A BOOKKEEPING SYSTEM TAILORED TO THE NEEDS OF YOUR BUSINESS?
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR BUSINESSES CASH FLOW?
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A LIMITED COMPANY AND DO YOU UNDERSTAND DIVIDENDS?
- WOULD AN ACCOUNTS PACKAGE ON YOUR PC MAKE LIFE EASIER? FOR SOME START-UPS A SIMPLE HANDWRITTEN LEDGER MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.
- ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH BANK/CASH RECONCILIATIONS AND VAT RETURNS?
- WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO SPEND MORE TIME ON CORE BUSINESS ACTIVITES, OR WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, IF YOU SPENT LESS TIME BATTLING WITH THE BOOKS?
- DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF VAT REGISTRATION AND COMPLIANCE?
- ARE YOU READY FOR A VISIT FROM HMRC?
- SHOULD YOU BE FILING RETURNS AND PAYING YOUR TAX ONLINE?
If you prefer to do as little paperwork as possible you could consider passing all your records over to us on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis for us to write up. We could then either prepare the accounts or pass our workings on to your accountants in a format suitable for them to prepare the annual accounts.